our Renault Trafic Camper Van
Bumper is our rough around the edges Renault Trafic camper which was converted from a commercial van by a previous owner. It has its bumps and scratches but that only adds character (and means we don’t mind it getting a few more!).
We bought Bumper at the end of summer 2018. Years before, we opted to buy a fancy car instead. Knowing what we know now, we’d have bought a camper sooner – it’s changed our lives and what we want to do in the future and we absolute love it.
Bumper has been pretty good during the time we’ve had him. He’s taken us all over the South West and Wales and up to the Midlands and West Yorkshire without too many problems, as well as a 1200 mile rod trip to Argyll, Scotland. The biggest issue we’ve had was a power steering failure towards the end of a trip to the Cotswolds, well, it ended the trip, to be honest, but he got us home, thankfully! He’s always in a little need of TLC, but on the whole, he’s great!
Here’s what’s inside;
- Twin gas hobs
- Split charge relay with manual switch (click HERE for some great info on split charge systems)
- Leisure battery
- AC/ DC fridge (powered by leisure battery or electric hookup)
- Crash tested rock and roll bed with seatbelts
- Sink with submersible DC electric pump (powered by leisure battery or van battery)
- 25 litre fresh water tank
- 20 litre grey water tank
- Electric hookup
- Two UK plug sockets (electric hookup only)
- Two USB sockets (electric hookup only)
- Reverse parking sensors (retro fit)
- Twin bike rack
- Tow bar
We also have a mascot for the van who also goes by the name of Bumper. When we finally upgrade for something bigger, he will come with us. We found him on a beach the very afternoon we picked the van up and can only assume it belonged to a child. We threw him in the wash and came out looking like new and now has the jump seat!
If you want to keep up with our travels, please subscribe to our mailing list. We won’t spam you. We’ll only be in touch with exciting news and new stuff!